The destruction from a fire in your home or business can be a traumatic experience leaving behind a trail of smoke, soot, heavy water saturation and content damage. Fire water restoration services are required after the fire is put out to assess and prevent further damage.
Here are some suggested methods of actions to take right after a fire:
- Contact a fire water restoration specialist who can quickly respond and help stop further damage from smoke and water
- Blow off or brush-vacuum loose smoke particles from upholstery, draperies and carpeting but never attempt to wipe or wash fire residues from walls, ceilings or other absorbent surfaces
- Open windows for ventilation
- Empty refrigerators and freezers if electricity is shut off, and prop doors open to allow air circulation
- Remove pets to a safe place if heavy fire residues are present
- Send a sample group of clothing for cleaning and deodorization in order to observe the results
- Do not turn on computers, TV’s, stereos or electrical appliances until they have been cleaned and checked
- Throw away food items or canned goods exposed to heat
Time plays a critical role in limiting the damage caused by excessive water in your home or business. When water damage occurs from a fire it can be kept to a minimum if responded to within 12-24 hours.
Also as important and crucial to the fire water restoration process is the damage assessment phase. We have a team of experts who can determine which items are recoverable and which or not. We are able to provide an inventory of all personal items with pictures and descriptions to document damage and help minimize claim costs and claim cycle time; while providing convenience to you and minimizing possible disputes over missing or damaged items.
Fire water restoration services include water removal and dry out techniques including:
- Portable and truck mounted extractors to quickly and efficiently remove all standing water on all carpet , wood and tile flooring.
- Turbo air movers or high-speed fans are carefully placed to dry out the surface areas of floors, ceilings and walls.
- Large industrial dehumidifiers are used to remove high levels of moisture and humidity caused by water damage.
- Carpet cleaning extractors and fogging equipment are used to clean, deodorize and sanitize carpets and floors eliminating odors and preventing the spread of mold and mildew.
Our trained professionals will monitor all equipment and take periodic moisture readings throughout the fire water restoration process.
Smoke and soot residue removal is also necessary during the clean up phase. These require different techniques therefore incorrect action can make restoration more difficult. We are trained and experienced to handle the removal of smoke and soot throughout your home or place of business including air vents and duct cleaning.
To prevent further property damage we also:
- Clean brass and copper items with a brass polish (smoke can etch brass and copper in 24 hours).
- Cover carpets after removing the soot to keep other soil from being tracked in during clean-up.
- Block off all furniture during the drying process
- Remove oriental rugs or other colored rugs from wet wall-to-wall carpeting
When disaster strikes from fire water damage we are always ready to go into action. Let us take care of the headache, work with insurance adjusters and restore your home safely and efficiently.
Call us today and consult with one of our fire water restoration professionals to successfully restore your home or business with the least amount of stress and strain on you and your family.
We provide fire and water restoration throughout Dallas and Ft Worth and the surrounding areas, including Arlington, Plano, Frisco, Richardson, McKinney, Addison, Southlake, Keller, Flower Mound, Colleyville, Grapevine, Lewisville, Trophy Club, Hurst, Euless, Bedford, Haltom City, Cedar Hill, The Colony, Denton, Carrollton, Watauga, Burleson, Weatherford, Mansfield, North Richland Hills, Westover Hills, Irving, Mesquite and Garland.